7/17/12

Transparency

I put my blog out on the official US and EU Diablo 3 forums a day ago, to great success. Thanks for the 15,000+ views on the first day! So, for you loyal readers, I composed an interesting breakdown of just how much money I'm making. Read more after the jump.
Let all be known
I got this idea when I was reading my EU forum thread (very nice people btw), and saw this comment:
his blog is netting him more income as the entire profit made from selling stuff @ the usa market the more peeps open his link !

he,s in it for the $$$ not to help u :P
My first reaction: This is a hilarious post. This guy is pretty funny. I lol'ed.

This monocle-holding European guy took the time out to point that I'm out to take all your money! It's as if I somehow make money when you click the link to my blog (which is not true). Now, I'm sure he was just being ironic in his post like any snarky, modern European hipster-type would be. But then it struck me.

He's actually right about one thing.

I've never really shared exactly how much money I've made on the RMAH, much less the amount that I've made from this blog (which has been up so far for 2 days and has a total of 11 clicks on ads). In the interest of learning, I'm going to break it down for you.

This list descends from greatest $ amount to smallest $ amount:

1.  How much I make in a week at my job (pretax).
2.  My mortgage payment for my house.
3.  The total amount I've made on the RMAH.
4.  John Edwards' haircut.
5.  A 15 inch Apple Macbook.
6.  Sarah Palin's haircut. 
  ... big price gap ...
7.  A Chipotle burrito. (6.85$ pretax)
8.  Half of a Chipotle burrito.
9.  The total amount I've made from this blog so far, which I've spent 30+ hours writing for.
10.  The GDP of Greece.

5 comments:

  1. I feel like you're being sponsored by Chipotle. I *really* want a delicious chicken burrito right now.

    I think I'll go there for lunch tomorrow...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I'm kind of hoping that if I mention Chipotle enough, the ads will turn into Mexican-American related goodness.

      Delete
  2. Read everything on this blog. Keep it up, it's funny as [S]hell[/S] inferno.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Now with our new goverment we estimate that our GDP will overcome price of Chipotle easily, i also believe that we can reach price af a Chipotle, plus one coca cola light 330ml or even a bottle of ouzo. Opa!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Mmmm... burritos.

    Keep it up yun, I'm loving your work :)

    ReplyDelete