![]() |
| This image is just here to distract you as I run away from your pitchforks |
You're probably wondering why there was no post yesterday. You've been posting every day for weeks straight, what happened man, you ask. Surprisingly enough, my excuse is not Chipotle™ burrito related. It was cheesecake related.
All the food that's fit to to eat
The gf and I had dinner last night at a strange Korean restaurant that serves NY pizza and kabobs. After filling up on Bibimbop, miso soup, cheese pizza, and pancakes (all at one place, yea!), I decided to finish up with a creamy desert. So, we hobbled down 3 doors to the local purveyor of delicacies, known as Nation's Giant Hamburgers™.Now, their burgers are okay. They are tasty, but nothing special. Just make sure you get the green chilies on them. But their pies and cheesecakes... this is the stuff worth craving for.
![]() |
| 1/4 slices are huge |
At this point, my gf commented that one should always get it to go because you don't pay tax on to-go orders.
"But sometimes I enjoy sitting inside the store and eating," was my reply.
"We could always go outside to eat", she said, pointing into the darkness outside.
I squinted as I searched for tables and chairs outside. Fruitless, I came to the conclusion that Nation's didn't actually have outdoor seating.
I guess we would have to go eat our cheesecake at the Korean store. They have outdoor seating.
The clerk quickly chimed in with a "Oh, I love their Bibimbop". He'd been listening to our conversation. The thought of eating cheesecake in a Korean restaurant which also served Pizza and Kabobs must have appealed to him.
At this point, I collected my receipt, thanked the clerk, and walked out of the store.
Is there more to this
It wasn't until after we got home that I realized that we had never actually picked up the cheesecake.We had simply paid and walked out of the store, looking like a pair of idiots. The clerk probably thought that we were seriously going to go eat our cheesecake at the Korean rice house; he probably brought out our big slice of creamy goodness, and thought, "Where are those motherfuckers?"
I was so distraught over my forlorn cheesecake that I couldn't concentrate at all. Of course, I could have driven back; Nation's was only 2 blocks away. But I couldn't stand the shame of being that idiot who forgot to pick up his food after paying for it. Not me.
So thats why there's no post.
This post isn't a post either
Ah nuts, you caught me.To entertain you, I'm going to give a 1-line review of 10 of my favourite food places in the SF bay area. Because why not:
1. http://www.izzyssteaks.com/
Comfortable, casual steakhouse. Make sure you get the sizzling clams.
2. http://redtractor.com/
They serve you orange juice in a mason jar. Enough said.
3. http://www.kingfish.net/
Good all around American place. Everyone will be satisfied.
4. http://www.tonyspizzanapoletana.com/
Best thick-crust (American-style) Sicilian pizza. (They have other good stuff too, but I can't be damned to get anything else.)
5. http://calafiapaloalto.com/
Best place to go if you want to feel pretentious.
6. http://www.abcseafoodrestaurant.com/
Best dim sum.
7. http://refugesc.com/
Their Pastrami is amazing! Try the Pastrami salad, you won't be disappointed. Oh yea, they got beer too, or something.
8. http://tomiseafoodbuffet.com/
Best sushi buffet place if you just want fish in your gullet with no frills.
9. http://www.espetus.com/
This place will give you new meaning to the phrase, "I'm full."
10. http://www.bouchonbistro.com/
Because I can't get a reservation at the French Laundry.
Here's a preview for the next post:
| Click on the image to zoom in, or use the link below |
Someone wanted to see what the Keen Runners were:
This will be the topic for a future post that covers how to sell items with 5-6 good affix rolls.



Can you link the yelp review to this Korean restaurant? I want to check it out.
ReplyDeleteHow many places do you know that are called Mix & Eat, Bob's House? It's easily searchable :D
Deletehttp://www.yelp.com/biz/mix-and-eat-bobs-house-pleasanton
I was just reading through the yelp reviews and, WOW, what an interesting restaurant.
DeleteMix & Eat serves...
Afghan food b/c the owner is Afghan
Korean food b/c the cook is Korean
Pizza b/c that location used to be a pizza parlor
Very strange, but great reviews on yelp. I'll have to try it.
Um... if you go... can you pick up my cheesecake? :D
Deletelol... Good post too.
ReplyDeleteStrange to have pizza at a Korean Restaurant... USA do have all kind of interesting things happening everyday :)
Looking forward to your next post.
Man, how do you get items to sell everyday on the RMAH? And I'm eyeing a boots sold for ~$60 (Keen Runners). Wondering what the stats on those are!
ReplyDeleteBoots are crafted or sniped. I don't think I've found more than a single pair of good boots.
DeleteIf you're wondering what the stats of the Keen Runners are, I just put them in the post.
Thanks. Those are some nice boots! Nice roll of stats :)
DeleteGood day Mr. Yun!
ReplyDeleteI've started reading your blog about 5 days ago and I wanted to say thanks for inspiring me to be a crafter.
I started investing in crafting 6 affix Shoulders and I've crafted around 200 pcs. None of them are worth 10m++ but still it was a fun gamble (currently selling some of them for low price). I haven't made a break even for selling the good shoulders, but I think I just got unlucky. >_<
I also appreciate the tips you've provided in using both GAH and RMAH.
Thanks again and I hope you can help a lot more players. :)
P.S.
Is it okay if I add you in game?
Sure, my tag is in the Introduction post.
DeleteA first time poster here, but Yun, I finally had too.
ReplyDeleteYou are hilarious. reading about the cheesecake scenario had me in fits of laughter, and then asking Brian to pick up your cheesecake if he goes... You hilarious bastard.
I love this blog. I've actually made some money from reading it too. Thanks a million.
Thanks Yun!
ReplyDeleteHey! I have a question, do you farm Act 1 with full MF? Or do you do other acts? And with MF or no MF? With MF gear switch?
ReplyDeleteA3 with MF gear and 6 mf swap items. It will be briefly discussed in the next post which will come up shortly.
DeleteMmmm gurl. Post that shit ;)
DeleteThat burrito looks sooooo good too bad we don't have those in Quebec :(
ReplyDeleteReally love this blog. Would love to add you if you're willing. I stumbled across this a while ago and have been following it since, albeit without any commentary.
ReplyDeleteAlso, Chipotle is wonderful. I'm sorry it hasn't found its way north of the border yet.